I know, I know. Almost all the recipes that are in my Aunty Fely’s old merit notebook are amazing. I simply can’t choose which one is my favorite. Including this recipe.
|carrot cake cupcakes|
In her notebook, the recipe is actually for a cake but this time I made it into cupcakes and I’m telling you, this is simply divine.
I’ve actually posted this recipe here on my blog before but unfortunately, I wasn’t able to count how much it makes (plus I wanted to have new nicer pictures to go with the recipes) so indulge me as I am re-doing it again.
Some carrot cake (or cupcake) recipes call for raisins, some even pineapple chunks but this recipe is pure, simple and basic. It’s just carrots, cinnamon, and cream cheese.
All good stuff that has endeared us to the classic that is the carrot cake. Did I mention, it’s moist, not too sweet and all around carrot-y?
|carrot cake cupcakes|
Here’s how to make it
To start off making this Easy Carrot Cupcakes Recipe.
① Sift or dry whisk Team Dry Ingredients together, flour (I used all purpose flour for this one but cake flour is okay, too), baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
② Now, the next would be an optional step but if you don’t want the cashews sinking into the bottom of the cupcakes, then you are welcome to do this extra step.
③ Scoop out a teaspoon from the sifted dry ingredients and cover the chopped cashews with this. Set aside the cashews as well.
|Add egg one at a time|
④ In a bowl, mix together oil and sugar until well combined.
⑤ Add the eggs one at a time. Make sure the egg added was well combined before adding another egg.
⑥ Add Team Dry Ingredients in three batches. Make sure to just barely mix until just it’s just combined into the batter.
⑦ Fold in the grated carrots.
|Fold in the Carrots|
The chopped cashews. Another *optional* but totally required for me. Just toast the nuts first before using it in the recipe to give them a nuttier flavor.
⑧ Line cupcake pans with cupcake liners, the batter will make 30 cupcakes. Fill each 3oz sized cupcake liners with 1/4 cup batter.
⑨ Bake at 350 F for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Let the cupcakes cool to room temperature.
① To make the frosting, mix together cream cheese and sifted powdered sugar. Add vanilla extract.
|Mix Cream cheese and powdered sugar|
② In a separate bowl, whip cream until stiff.
③ Fold the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture.
④ Pipe the frosting into the cupcakes. The frosting is enough to generously frost 30 carrot cupcakes. Enjoy!
PS: I topped these carrot cupcakes with fondant carrots. I’ll show you how I make it soon. 🙂
|Pipe the Frosting in the cupcakes|
For the Cupcakes:
- 1 1/2 cups canola oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 chopped cashew nuts
For the Frosting:
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
|Carrot Cake Cupcakes|
- Sift or dry whisk Team Dry Ingredients (flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt). Set aside.
- (this is optional) Scoop out 1 tsp from Team Dry Ingredients and sprinkle it into the chopped nuts. Also set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together oil and sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Add the dry ingredients in three batches.
- Mix in the grated carrots.
- Fold in the cashew nuts. (Optional) Toast the nuts first before using them to give them a nuttier flavor.
- Line cupcake pans with cupcake liners, the batter will make 30 cupcakes. Fill each 3oz sized cupcake liners with 1/4 cup batter.
- Bake at 350 F for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Let the cupcakes cool to room temperature.
- To make the frosting, mix together cream cheese and sifted powdered sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whip cream until stiff. Fold the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture.
- Pipe the frosting into the cupcakes.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.